Before I moved to Portland I always drank the same natural protein shake every morning. I like to stick to natural, whole ingredients, and have my doubts about adding supplements and boosters to my food.
Greek yogurt is an amazing source of protein and it’s delicious, but it can be expensive and it can be hard for some people to digest dairy. This new recipe does not include any dairy products.
Updated Easy Morning Protein Shake:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons organic creamy peanut butter (or substitute almond butter)
- 2 medjool dates, cored
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 organic banana
- 3 ice cubes
- Load ingredients into blender starting with milk, cocoa powder, peanut butter.
- Next layer dates, banana, and ice cubes on top.
- Blend it up!
I always jump out of bed because I know it’s time for my yummy shake. This shake provides you with a lot of energy for the day.